Saturday, November 2, 2013

Android Apps: Apps for Reddit


Reddit, a popular social news and entertainment website, or a place I like to consider to be the front page of the internet or a time consuming black hole, can easily be viewed on many of the Android apps available on the Play Store.

These are a few that I have tested so far.  While I'm mainly a lurker, I can't really go in to details about which provide the most robust features, but you can decide for yourself.


Flow (Free no ads)
Google Play Store

Currently in beta and my daily driver for Reddit.  Clean and easily readable UI and there aren't any ads.  One issue is that it is in beta so it sometimes might break but the developer is actively trying to push updates when he has the time and has said that the app will always be ad-free.




Baconreader (Free w/ads or $1.99)
Google Play Store

One of the first apps I used for Reddit.  The UI is simple but it does have an ad at the bottom which can be closed but will show up again.




Reddit is Fun (Free w/ads or $1.99)
Google Play Store

Another simple and clean interfaced app.  Instead of an ad located at the bottom of the screen there are ads embedded between posts which is a less annoying approach to displaying ads. 




Reddit Now (Free)
Google Play Store

A slightly different take on the UI.  Instead of listing all of the posts it has a card style holo theme.  It's an elegant UI at the expense of only being able to view 1 or 2 posts on a phone screen at a time.

These are just a few that I have tried.  There are more available that I have yet to get my hands on.  If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Sometime few educational blogs become very helpful while getting relevant and new information related to your targeted area. As I found this blog and appreciate the information delivered to my database.apk download

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article thanks for sharing this information

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow its amezing post ,thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete